Makes: 4 servings
More than 45 minutes
- 150 g (5.3 oz) of organic split peas
- 1 carrot peeled
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 tablespoon of tahine
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- The juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon of sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon of rapeseed oil
- 50 cl of vegetable broth
- Olive oil
- salt, pepper
1. In a skillet, saute in canola oil, the carrot. After 2 minutes, add the garlic, split peas and broth. Add salt and pepper and cook for 60 minutes after boiling, over low heat. Let cool.
2. Then, mix split peas, carrot and garlic by incorporating olive oil, by measuring in order to obtain a smooth puree.
3. Add the lemon, cumin and the tahine. Adjust the seasoning in salting and peppering to your liking. Serve cold? sprinkled with a drizzle of roasted sesame seeds and sesame oil, accompanied by toasted wholemeal bread or chips of socca!
Recipe by Douceur & Gourmandise
You want to print this recipe? Remember to click on the elements you want to delete on the preview screen, for a made to measure printing!