Makes: 1 croque
15 to 30 minutes
- 1 ready-to-slice «Polenta Roll» (2 slices / the 500g roll makes ~ 5 croques)
- 2 handfuls of spinach leaves (fresh or frozen)
- A half onion
- 1 to 2 tbsp of tomato sauce or 1 slice of tomato
- Spices, soy sauce, vegetable cream
In different pans, prepare the different garnishes.
1. Glaze the sliced onions with a bit of olive oil until they become translucent. At the end of cooking, add half a glass of water in the pan to make them tender and tasty. You can also add 1 or 2 tablespoons of soy sauce (sweet or salty) or a teaspoon of sugar to caramelize them.
2. In another pan, cook your spinach with a half glass of water. Then add a bit of cream and spices to taste (salt, pepper, paprika or curry).
3. Slice the Polenta roll: a thick slice (about 1 cm) and a fine for each croque. Glaze them in a pan with a drizzle of olive oil.
4. When everything is ready, make the croques: a thick slice of polenta, a layer of caramelized onions, a layer of spinach, a layer of tomato sauce added with a spoon (or a slice of tomato cooked with herbs, if you prefer), then the second slice of polenta. You can add some onions caramelized on top. Eat immediately.
Recipe by Sabarot
You want to print this recipe? Remember to click on the elements you want to delete on the preview screen, for a made to measure printing!