- 200 g (7 oz) Mogette of Vendée
- 1/2 red onion
- 2 shallots
- A new onions
- 1 yellow lemon juice
- 1 small clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon traditional wholegrain mustard
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Salt, pepper
1. Soak the Mogettes de Vendée overnight, in a large bowl filled with water. Rinse and drain.
2. Cook the Mogettes in 3 times their volume of water (unsalted!) for 1 hour. Add during cooking the shallots. Once cooked, drain the beans and let cool dows.
3. Cut red onion into rings. Put them in a pan with a little olive oil Add a trickle of water once the pan and onions are hot. Once the onions are tender, book them.
3. Place the Mogettes with Shallots in a blender. Add the 2 tablespoons of olive oil, the juice of lemon, crushed garlic clove, salt and pepper. Mix very finely to obtain a smooth mixture such as classic hummus. If the pulp obtained is too thick, add just a little water.
3. Pour your mixture into a dish, place on top the red onion rings, a few new onion slices, the mustard, a bit of olive oil and aromatic herbs of your choice.
When you want to eat the spread, stir and serve with fresh bread.
Recipe by Geek & balsamique
You want to print this recipe? Remember to click on the elements you want to delete on the preview screen, for a made to measure printing!