Makes: 4 servings
More than 45 minutes
For the cream soup
- 250g (9 oz/ 1 cup) Sabarot green lentils from Le Puy
- 500ml (17 fl oz/2 cups) water
- 25cl (8.8 fl oz/1 cup) single cream
- 25cl (8.8 fl oz/1 cup) semi-skimmed milk
- 1 onion
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
For the whipped cream
- 20cl (7 fl oz/ 3/4 cup plus 1 ½ Tbsp) heavy cream
- ½ Tbsp mascarpone
- Salt and pepper
- Sabarot dried porcini mushroom powder
- 1 Tbsp Sabarot porcini mushroom flavoured oil
1. The day before, heat up the cream with the porcini mushroom powder in a small saucepan. Refrigerate overnight.
2. The next day, prepare the cream soup. In a saucepan, sauté the peeled and thinly sliced onion in olive oil for a couple minutes. Add the green lentils and water, cover and bring to a boil.
After 20 to 30 minutes, finely blend the preparation and sift through a strainer to remove the chunks.
3. Add cream and milk until it reaches the desired consistency. Season to taste and set aside.
4. Whisk together the porcini mushroom cream and the mascarpone until it becomes stiff. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Add the porcini mushroom olive oil to the cream soup and mix gently.
5. Right before serving, heat up the cream soup and place a quenelle of mushroom whipped cream on top. Serve with salad and add a sprinkle of porcini mushroom powder and fleur de sel.
Recipe by SarahTatouille
You want to print this recipe? Remember to click on the elements you want to delete on the preview screen, for a made to measure printing!