- 2 Zucchini
- 2 carrots
- 1 handful spinach
- 1 shallot
- 100g (3.5 oz) quinoa
- 2 eggs
- 30 g (1 oz) almond powder
- Parsley, chives or cilantro
- Olive oil, salt, pepper
1. Cook the quinoa for 10 minutes in a large volume of boiling water. Drain.
2. Meanwhile, slice the shallot and put in a pan with a drizzle of olive oil. Wash and peel the zucchini and carrot. Finely grate.
Press vegetables grated with your hands to remove excess water and then add to the pan.
3. Add the washed and cut spinach leaves.
Cook for a few minutes, stirring well, add a little more oil if necessary. Add the quinoa and stir.
Preheat the oven to 180 °C.
4. In a bowl, beat eggs. Add salt, pepper, cumin if you want and the chives or chopped cilantro.
Off the heat, add the almond powder to vegetable mixture and then add the beaten eggs.
5. Form into quenelles using 2 Tablespoons (you want to learn the gesture? Watch the video tutorial by Chef Simon below)
6. Place quenelles on parchment paper. Sprinkle with gratted vegan cheese if desired, then bake for about 15 minutes.
Serve warm with yogurt and chopped herbs sauce or with tomato sauce.
Recipe by Sabarot
You want to print this recipe? Remember to click on the elements you want to delete on the preview screen, for a made to measure printing!