Makes: 8 servings
More than 45 minutes
- 175g floor (or wholemeal floor)
- 100g softened salted butter
- 100g brown sugar
- 100g milk chocolate
- 50g oat flakes
- 50g heavy cream
- 2 ripe bananas
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp cinnamon
1. In a large bowl, beat the eggs with brown sugar. Add cream and cinnamon.
Sift the flour and baking powder and incorporate to the egg mixture. Mix well.
2. Add the oat flakes and softened butter.
Mash the bananas with a fork and add them to the preparation.
3. Transfer the preparation to a buttered baking tin. Refrigerate and preheat the oven to 360°F.
4. Chop the chocolate into chocolate chips.
5. Add them to the batter and stir gently with a fork to distribute them evenly. Refrigerating the preparation before baking allows the batter to become a little firmer and prevents the chocolate chips from dropping at the bottom of the banana bread.
6. Bake for 30 minutes. Place a sheet of baking paper on top. Remove the paper after 30 minutes and bake for an additional 25 minutes, until golden brown. Let the loaf cool before removing from the tin.
Proposed by Invitation au fait maison
You want to print this recipe? Remember to click on the elements you want to delete on the preview screen, for a made to measure printing!