- 250 g (8.8 oz) white kidney beans
- 1 can crushed tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon tomato concentrate
- 4 or 5 carrots
- 1 onion
- 1/2 liter of water
- 3-4 branches of fresh coriander
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons turmeric
1. Soak beans in a large volume of water one day before.
When you want to cook your tagine, rinse beans and drain well.
2. Chop the onion. Heat a little oil in your tagine and put minced onion. Cook for 3-4 minutes, add honey. Mix well.
3. Peel the carrots and cut them into sticks, add in the tagine.
4. Add crushed tomatoes, tomato concentrate, turmeric, salt. Mix well. Then add white kidney beans and a good part of the water (so everyting in the tagine is covered). Cook in the tagine closed about 60 minutes. From time to time check the water volume and add some if necessary.
5. Before serving add the coriander on top. Enjoy!
Recipe by Emilie Sweetness
You want to print this recipe? Remember to click on the elements you want to delete on the preview screen, for a made to measure printing!