- 200g (7 oz) of Organic Green lentils
- 4 carrots, washed, peeled and cut into rings
- 1 branch of celery, rinsed and chopped
- 6 sliced mushrooms of Paris
- 4 tomatoes pruned and chopped small
- 1 white onion, trimmed and finely minced
- 2 cloves of garlic, trimmed and plate
- 1 vegetables cube stock
- 2 spoons of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of tomato paste
- 1 thyme branch
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 piece sugar
- Salt, freshly ground pepper
1. Rinse the lentils in a fine strainer.
3. Pour the oil in a pot and saute the onion and garlic, without browning.
4. Stir mushrooms, carrots and celery.
5. Add the 2 kinds of tomatoes, lentils, stock cube, thyme and bay leaf.
6. Add sugar, salt and pepper.
7. Add 1 litre of water.
8. Cook for 40 minutes on a very low heat.
9. Serve hot with rice or small potatoes steams.
Recipe by Douceur & Gourmandise
You want to print this recipe? Remember to click on the elements you want to delete on the preview screen, for a made to measure printing!